Our Approach to Education
Our Head of School
Why The Roig?
We understand that children with learning differences, such as Dyslexia and Dyscalculia, require teaching styles and methodologies that are not found in a typical classroom. The Roig Academy is among a specialized independent network of schools throughout the world that are designed for students with learning differences.
The Roig Academy is among a specialized independent network of schools throughout the world that are designed for students with learning differences.
Miami’s Private IB School
At The Roig Academy, we offer an unparalleled educational journey for our students. Our unique approach combines evidence-based practices such as the school-wide implementation of the Orton-Gillingham approach couples with the International Baccalaureate Primary YEars Program (IB PYP) program, creating an unmatched educational experience. With over 50 years of excellence, the IB PYP provides holistic development, inquiry-based learning, and a global perspective. It is different from other frameworks because it encourages students to think critically and challenge assumptions while considering both local and global contexts. The Roig is proud to be a private IB school in Miami that also specifically functions as a school for ADHD, dyslexia, and other learning differences that might make success in a traditional classroom difficult.
Benefits of an IB School Education
Throughout the IB Programme, students are able to take responsibility for their own learning. They are encouraged to try different approaches to learning and take responsibility for their own educational process. Our IB school helps students ask challenging questions, think critically, and develop research skills that help them in higher education. Our private school in Miami has a goal of setting every student up for a life of success.
Through The International Baccalaureate (IB) School, students at Roig Academy become:
The Roig Academy employs evidence-based teaching approaches to improve academic achievement:
Using evidence-based teaching methods, The Roig Academy understands that students will:
- Posses a strong foundation in literacy and reading through the use of the Orton-Gillingham approach
- Build and expand upon prior background/knowledge.
- Strengthen their leadership skills when they are provided with an educational setting where they feel supported, encouraged, and guided to work collaboratively and independently.
Below are the profound impacts the integration of these metholodologies has on our students.
- The Orton-Gillingham approach teaches reading effectively with a multi-sensory, structured method, laying a strong literacy foundation.
- The IB program promotes critical thinking, collaboration, and project-based learning, preparing students for future success.
- The integration of Orton-Gillingham and IB fosters growth in various subjects, providing a comprehensive educational foundation.
Our school setting promotes inquiry-based learning, encouraging students to ask questions, explore topics of interest, and develop critical thinking skills. Through hands-on experiences, students become active participants in their own learning journey. Consequently, students become well-rounded individuals with a solid grounding in general knowledge.
Students sailing into our annual IB World Carboard Regatta, investigating global topics, crafting presentations, and designing STEAM-focused boats.
Key Biscayne, May 2023
“A supportive and encouraging environment gave our daughter the confidence and tools she needed to succeed.”
– E.R. Parent