The Roig Academy is among a specialized independent network of schools throughout the world that are designed for students with learning differences.
Why The Roig?
We understand that children with learning differences, such as Dyslexia and Dyscalculia, require teaching styles and methodologies that are not found in a typical classroom.
Private School For Dyscalculia
Educators at The Roig Academy have a thorough understanding of the learning differences that each of its students may be diagnosed with. As a school for children with learning differences, we emphasize the importance of individualizing our instruction to fit the unique needs of each student.
What is dyscalculia?
Dyscalculia is defined as a failure to achieve in mathematics commensurate with chronological age, normal intelligence, and adequate instruction. It is marked by difficulties with: visualization; visual-spatial perception, processing and discrimination; counting; pattern recognition; sequential memory; working-memory for numbers; retrieval of learned facts and procedures; directional confusion; quantitative processing speed; kinesthetic sequences; and perception of time. If your student experiences any of the above, our private school may be able to help them excel.
How do I know if my child may have dyscalculia?
A psychoeducational evaluation to discover and diagnosis any learning difference is strongly recommended. The following may be indicators that a student could benefit from a school for children with learning differences:
- Has difficulty understanding and doing word problems
- Has difficulty sequencing information or events
- Exhibits difficulty using steps involved in math operations
- Shows difficulty understanding fractions
- Is challenged making change and handling money
- Displays difficulty recognizing patterns when adding, subtracting, multiplying, or dividing
- Has difficulty putting language to math processes
- Has difficulty understanding concepts related to time such as days, weeks, months, seasons, quarters, etc.
- Exhibits difficulty organizing problems on the page, keeping numbers lined up, following through on long division problems, telling time or, has trouble with counting.
To continue learning about how The Roig Academy can be the school for children with dyscalculia or learning differences that you’re looking for, please visit our blog.
Source: LDA America
Some minds learn differently.
We teach differently.
We create Curious Learners.
Continue exploring below.
Let's get to know each other!
You can also contact admissions at 305-235-1313.