The Roig Academy is among a specialized independent network of schools throughout the world that are designed for students with learning differences.
Why The Roig?
We understand that children with learning differences, such as Dyslexia and Dyscalculia, require teaching styles and methodologies that are not found in a typical classroom.
Educators at The Roig Academy, a private school in Miami that emphasizes the importance of individualized instruction, have a thorough understanding of the learning differences that each of its students may be diagnosed with.
What is dysgraphia?
Dysgraphia is a specific learning disability that affects a person’s handwriting ability and fine motor skills. Problems may include illegible handwriting, inconsistent spacing, poor spatial planning on paper, poor spelling, and difficulty composing writing as well as thinking and writing at the same time. A child who experiences dysgraphia may have trouble in certain classroom environments. Choosing a school for children with learning disabilities or differences can help a child with dysgraphia thrive in an educational setting.
How do I know if my child may have dysgraphia?
A psychoeducational evaluation to discover and diagnosis any learning difference is strongly recommended. Students who exhibit the following may be diagnosed with dysgraphia and can benefit from the right positive learning environment:
- May have illegible printing and cursive writing (despite appropriate time and attention given to the task)
- Shows inconsistencies: mixtures of print and cursive, upper and lower case, shapes or slant of letters
- Inconsistent spacing between words and letters
- Has unfinished words or letters, omitted words
- Exhibits strange wrist, body or paper position
- Has difficulty pre-visualizing letter formation
- Copying or writing is slow or labored
- Shows poor spatial planning on paper
- Has cramped or unusual grip/may complain or a sore hand
- Has great difficulty thinking and writing at the same time (taking notes, creative writing)
If your child exhibits any of the above symptoms of dysgraphia, our private school in Miami might be a good option for them. Reach out today to learn more!
Source: LDA America
Some minds learn differently.
We teach differently.
We create Curious Learners.
Continue exploring below.
Let's get to know each other!
You can also contact admissions at 305-235-1313.