The Roig Academy is among a specialized independent network of schools throughout the world that are designed for students with learning differences.
Why The Roig?
We understand that children with learning differences, such as Dyslexia and Dyscalculia, require teaching styles and methodologies that are not found in a typical classroom.
Private School For Dyslexia
Educators at The Roig Academy have a thorough understanding of the learning differences that each of its students may be diagnosed with.
What is dyslexia?
Dyslexia is an alternative term used to refer to a pattern of learning difficulties characterized by problems with accurate or fluent word recognition, poor decoding, and poor spelling abilities. At The Roig Academy, our private school for dyslexia in Miami, we teach our students to read, comprehend, and write through a structured, sequential, multi-sensory, systematic, alphabet-phonetic approach to instruction. The school for learning differences implements the latest research-based teaching and learning pedagogy to ensure every students’ needs are catered to.
How do I know if my child may have dyslexia?
A psychoeducational evaluation to discover and diagnose any learning difference is strongly recommended if your child is exhibiting any behavior that might signal dyslexia. If a diagnosis is received or if your child is struggling in a traditional classroom setting, consider enrolling at The Roig, school for learning disabilities and differences where your students’ educational needs will be met.
Some of the signs and symptoms of dyslexia are:
- The child has a hard time reading and tends to read slower than peers.
- Often comes across errors decoding words.
- There is a disparity between listening comprehension and reading comprehension of some text
- Often has a hard time spelling
- Difficulty recalling familiar words
- Issues with handwriting
- Often finds math computations challenging
- Has an easier time decoding real words over nonsense words
- Usually substitutes one sight word for another (e.g, a, I, he, the, there, was)
What are the signs and symptoms of dyslexia in preschoolers?
- Often spoke later than most children
- May be slow to add new words to their vocabulary
- May have difficulty rhyming
- May have difficulty pronouncing words
- May have trouble learning the alphabet, days of the week, shapes and colors.
What are the signs and symptoms of dyslexia in a Kindergartener?
- May be slow to learn the connection between letters and sounds
- May confuse small words (at/to, said/and)
- May make consistent reading and spelling errors
- May have trouble recalling facts
- May be impulsive
- May have difficulty planning
- Often uses an awkward pencil grip
The Roig Academy understands that each child learns differently which is why our school for learning disabilities or differences ensures that our staff is highly equipped to teach to a variety of needs. Learn more about the reading approach used at Roig, created specifically for Dyslexics, or contact us to learn more about our dyslexia school in Miami.
Via: Reading Rockets
"My son was diagnosed with a reading and processing disorder and The Roig Family stepped up alongside our family to walk hand and hand through the journey. This made us feel confident that we were not alone."
Some minds learn differently.
We teach differently.
We create Curious Learners.
Continue exploring below.
Let's get to know each other!
You can also contact admissions at 305-235-1313.