ADD & ADHD
The Roig Academy is among a specialized independent network of schools throughout the world that are designed for students with learning differences.
Why The Roig?
We understand that children with learning differences, such as Dyslexia and Dyscalculia, require teaching styles and methodologies that are not found in a typical classroom.
Educators at The Roig Academy have a thorough understanding of the learning differences that each of its students may be diagnosed with.
What is Attention-deficit/
hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children?
How do I know if my child may have ADD or ADHD?
- Often does not give close attention to details or makes careless mistakes in schoolwork, work, or other activities.
- Often has trouble keeping attention on tasks or play activities.
- Often to does not seem to listen when spoken to directly.
- Often does not follow through on instructions and fails to finish schoolwork, chores, or other duties (loses focus, gets sidetracked).
- Often avoids, dislikes, or doesn’t want to do things that take a lot of mental effort for a long period of time (such as schoolwork or homework).
- Often loses things needed for tasks and activities (e.g. toys, school assignments, pencils, books, or tools).
- Is often easily distracted.
- Is often forgetful in daily activities.
Hyperactivity & Impulsivity
- Often fidgets with hands or feet or squirms in seat when sitting still is expected.
- Often gets up from seat when remaining in seat is expected.
- Often excessively runs about or climbs when and where it is not appropriate.
- Often has trouble playing or doing leisure activities often.
- Is often “on the go” or often acts as if “driven by a motor.”
- Often talks excessively.
- Often has trouble waiting for one’s turn.
- Often blurts out answers before questions have finished.
- Often interrupts or intrudes on others (e.g., butts into conversations or games).
To continue learning on how The Roig Academy caters to students who learn differently, visit our blog.
Source: ADD Resources
Some minds learn differently.
We teach differently.
We create Curious Learners.
Continue exploring below.
Let's get to know each other!
You can also contact admissions at 305-235-1313.