We understand that children with learning differences, such as Dyslexia and Dyscalculia, require teaching styles and methodologies that are not found in a typical classroom.
The Roig Academy is among a specialized independent network of schools throughout the world that are designed for children with learning differences.
Educators at The Roig Academy have a thorough understanding of the learning disabilities that each of its students may be diagnosed with.
What is Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)?
The Signs & Symptoms of ADD in Children
- Often does not give close attention to details or makes careless mistakes in schoolwork, work, or other activities.
- Often has trouble keeping attention on tasks or play activities.
- Often to does not seem to listen when spoken to directly.
- Often does not follow through on instructions and fails to finish schoolwork, chores, or other duties (loses focus, gets sidetracked).
- Often avoids, dislikes, or doesn’t want to do things that take a lot of mental effort for a long period of time (such as schoolwork or homework).
- Often loses things needed for tasks and activities (e.g. toys, school assignments, pencils, books, or tools).
- Is often easy distracted.
- Is often forgetful in daily activities.
Hyperactivity & Impulsivity
- Often fidgets with hands or feet or squirms in seat when sitting still is expected.
- Often gets up from seat when remaining in seat is expected.
- Often excessively runs about or climbs when and where it is not appropriate.
- Often has trouble playing or doing leisure activities often.
- Is often “on the go” or often acts as if “driven by a motor.”
- Often talks excessively.
- Often has trouble waiting one’s turn.
- Often blurts out answers before questions have finished.
- Often interrupts or intrudes on others (e.g., butts into conversations or games).
To continue learning on how The Roig Academy caters to students who learn differently, visit our blog.
Source: ADD Resources